Friday, July 15, 2005

Slightly off-topic (against hi-tech)

Several years ago (about 1999) I worked as an English teacher in a language training center that had a military technology company as its biggest client. We used their technical guides and prospects as teaching material. It seemed pretty hi-tech, but I never really thought about it, until yesterday, when I saw this:This is given as big news on several blogs. Apparently Seiko/Epson have just presented this "new invention". As you have already guessed, flexible screens were one of the products we had the documents of in our classes. Six years ago. And let me tell you, the prototypes were much more flexible than that. That's what I call going "back to the future". And this is another reason why I don't get too impressed with the "inventions".
If I had the money, I wouldn't mind offering a big prize to the first artist that would manage to create a work with the flexible screens that I would find Very Impressive Indeed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails